Product Care Advice & Information
Sterling Silver Care
Does sterling silver tarnish? YES.
But this is how to prevent your sterling silver from tarnishing -
Sterling silver, even real .925 sterling silver, will always tarnish. It is only pure 99.9% silver that does not tarnish. Any sterling silver will tarnish over time as a result of the metal mixed in. Not to mention the general use of skin care products, washing while wearing our jewellery, our own bodily chemicals reacting to the material.
However, with regular care sterling silver can really slow down the tarnishing. Whereas, silver-plated jewellery which will deteriorate no matter what. And even if your silver jewellery has already been spotted with tarnish, a good home clean-up, or better, a professional polishing will easily make it look like new.
- Keep away from solutions;
- Corrosion in sterling silver takes place when silver gets into contact with salty solution or chemicals. Therefore, it is very important to keep jewellery away from salt water or any house products or toiletries solution.
- Do not wear silver in the shower or when doing dishes.
- Avoid wearing jewellery in activities that make you sweat, such as outdoor chores or sports.
- Consider your home and work environment - If you are living in a rather polluted environment, your jewellery might tarnish faster due to high level of sulphur in the air. As a result, it will need more regular polishing as well.
- It might just be your body chemicals
- People’s sweat can react with silver, resulting in faster tarnishing. This can become even more pronounced if the person is eating certain food or medication.
Tips for cleaning sterling silver at home
- Fill up a cup with warm clean water and a drop of mild dishwashing soap;
- Place the jewellery inside the cup and gently hand wash to remove the dirt;
- Use a cotton pad to give a deeper clean, if possible;
- Remove your jewellery from the cup and wipe dry.
All PQ's rings are adjustable.
What adjustable means is that they are adjustable to one size. Once you receive your ring if you correct the size to fit your chosen finger, you cannot then change the ring size to fit another finger. So the rings are adjustable to one size only.
I'll you continue to adjust your ring to different sizes you risk the stones within your ring becoming loose and ultimately falling out.
Please bear in mind all the above care advice as this will impact on your warranty and right to a refund or replacement. Please refer back to our refund policy for more information about your right to a refund.